v

2.10.2012

Getting better...

Aaaaaaaah....

Such a relief to have a clearer idea of what I want the shop to look like! Take a peek here - doesn't it look nice?

I started adding a few vintage items. Good photos with white backgrounds are tying things together and making the whole look cohesive. Crisp. Fresh. Contemporary. (My new mantra, remember?) Even the vintage things look fresh. I like the mix of products so far. Now to figure out how to make new goodies I want to bring in look like they belong...

In between all the other things I've been doing, I did some experimenting with materials yesterday, trying to find something that will suit what I have in mind. These photos give you an inkling of what I'm doing, but aren't finished pieces - just experiments:

fun foam, heated and stamped, wrapped with thread


neoprene tubing, plastic grid, waxed linen thread


Experimenting with materials - particularly ones that are usually used in some pretty mundane crafts like these materials are - is one of my favorite things to do. My goal is to use them in a way that the finished item has a certain quiet sophistication to it.

The workmen that have been installing the new a/c on the second and third floors of our home (read: my studio) should be finished on Monday. I'm looking forward to being able to be in the studio full time again! But, boy, will it ever be nice to be cool up there come summer; it will be worth this temporary disruption.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails