v

6.26.2011

#96 Lazy day...

Jake is flaked out at my feet where I'm sitting on the porch (how did I ever live without this porch?) sipping tea and listening to Norah Jones singing away on my new (silver)  iPod that's playing through the Ion Block Rocker we got for playing music outside for the wedding reception. When I was inside this morning it was playing through our new (silver)  Bose Sound Docker. We finally treated ourselves after years and years of having really, really bad music systems. It's been a good 25 years since I heard music as it was intended...I'm making up for lost time today! Aaaaaaah....

I love lazy days like this...I managed to brush my teeth but I haven't made the bed or done any dishes. I had pecan-raisin toast for breakfast (on the porch) and two (yes two!) Drumsticks (vanilla caramel) for lunch. I wanted three but I'm exercising: Control.

My only really accomplishment today has been to get a start on prewashing/shrinking all the fabric for the sofa slipcovers. No, they never got made in spite of all my good intentions months and months ago. My goal is to get them cut and sewn by this time next week and to have them on for the bridal shower my sister and Emily are giving Megan next month. I'll take them off right after and keep them pristine until the wedding; after The Big Day they'll stay on. White slipcovers with a big, black, shedding pooch - I wonder how many of those sticky roller things I'll be going through? I don't care how many...the red sofas are looking faded and grim and need some sprucing up!

Hope your day is as lazy as mine. If not, stop what you're doing, put on your favorite tunes, sit in a big ol' comfy chair with your feet up in  and sip a good cup of tea...pure bliss!



-karen anne

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails