v

3.16.2011

#82 Lightness and Serenity

Perhaps it's the Norwegian in me that craves light - and lightness - in both environment and spirit. Maybe it's the time of year.

But whatever it is, there comes with it an incredibly strong urge to throw off the blankets that have cloaked my body and soul.

This yearning to take flight and be free of all that encumbers me is revealed in everything I do of late; a searching for both lightness and serenity.

As I've bared my walls and repainted, and cleared surfaces and drawers, my spirit has rebounded and my thoughts are clearer. I'm intent on moving away from things that weigh me down. Possessions, ideas - even friendships - that drain my energy are being set free. I'm finding that these changes are creating the space for my spirit to grow in lightness and the space for my soul to find the serenity it needs.

God grant me the serenity 
   to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Gold cranes on the Japanese Obi hanging in our living room.

-karen anne

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails