v

11.22.2010

#53 Something new...

In between applying the coats of paint on the inside of our new front door, I had a quick minute to run up to the studio and put this necklace together (I just used natural light when I quickly shot these photos, so please excuse the shadows!):

20" necklace. Glass, agate, turquoise, freshwater pearl, bone, aluminum, crystal. 
Stainless cord covered by rubber tubing. Sterling clasp.



I love mixing colors and textures, vintage with new, semi-precious with less precious.

I love making things that are asymmetric.

I love the line that the black rubber cord makes, and I love the sterling toggle closure that makes it so easy to put on. 

Creating something new and original satisfies me and calms me in the same way that meditation does.I love being in that space where time stands still and the world is far away.

What do you do that satisfies and calms you?

-karen anne

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails