v

10.29.2010

#46 Headin' South...

Contrary to what my last post may have led you to believe, I was not among the many who demonstrated during the '70s. Nope. I didn't demonstrate. I didn't do drugs. I was pretty much an exception to everything that defined my generation. I was even a Republican. Amazing, huh?

I'm older and wiser now. I'm clear on what my values are. It's important to me to try to engage my fellow citizens in civil conversations. I know that we are all connected and that we're here to love and support one another. I know that in the grand scheme of things wer are but specks of dust. I don't live in fear. And some things I do because I want to be able to look my grandchildren (should I have any) in the eyes and tell them "Your grandmother was there. "

So I was at the Million Moms March to show my support for more reasonable gun laws and gun control.

And tomorrow I'll be at the Rally to Restore Sanity.

And, because I'm me, I might just have to take a peek in at the National Gallery of Art.

Because art is important, too.

Oh - and in case you haven't figured it out: I'm a Democrat now.

Go me!!!

 Crossing the Line photograph. 2010 Karen Anne Glick

-karen anne

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails