v

2.12.2012

Am I blue?

Nope.

But that's the name of the next show at the Carlisle Arts Learning Center: The Blues. The opening is next Friday, the 17th, which also happens to be my sweet husband's birthday!

I submitted a photograph of a big fish that I had taken with my Instamatic camera (!) when we lived in Hawaii years ago. I scanned the photo and then digitally adjusted the color, intensifying the blue. Then I added a bright red horizontal line and two lines of red dots - one going up, the other down. The red really jumps on the blue.

Here 'tis:


Big Fish, Small Pond. 2012


The large mat has an offset opening. I like how it emphasizes the smallness of the "pond" the poor fish is trapped in.

I feel his pain.

Another self portrait perhaps? Hmmmm...



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails